Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Semester 3 Update

I have a few more Sydney posts to get to yet but here is a quick update on the real reason I am here.  Well, until I have Barrier Reef posts in a couple weeks time. 

Being the diligent planner that I am, I am a full two and a half weeks out from class starting and I have a course load already.  I know, shocking.  I didn't think I could do it either.  Again, mostly its because in a week's time I intend to become aquatic and Norman's reef doesn't have an internet connection at 20 meters. 

For semester 3, I'll be finishing up my research project, taking Introduction to Submarine Design, and Naval Engineering.  Which happens to be 12 credits.  Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, family and friends, after this semester, I am coming home.  My current flight  gets me to the US just about Lake week. 

While not entirely the course load I came for, this is probably the best choice.  I have looked at the syllabus for the second submarine course and talked to the industry lecturers, ie my coworkers, and it is probably not worth the cost of another semester's rent, a new visa, new insurance, and another six months out of the US work force.  So in a month or two I will have to start working on that plan.  Any one looking for a worldly educated naval architect who will work on anything wrapped in rubber and painted black?  I'll probably have to start packing then too.  That third bag on Qantas for being a Silver frequent flier is going to be the best perk I get.  Not looking forward to Customs though.

So that's all for now.  Another Sydney post either Thursday or Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment